Multi-Year Accessibility Plan(AODA) – Ontario
This accessibility plan outlines the strategy of Sierra Supply Chain Services to prevent and remove barriers for people with disabilities and comply with the requirements of the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Statement of Commitment
Sierra Supply Chain Services is committed to providing an accessible environment for all clients, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and comply with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and its associated regulations. We strive to provide an accessible and welcoming environment for everyone by identifying and removing barriers in our workplace and ensuring that new barriers are not created. The company ensures that persons with disabilities are provided with equal opportunities. We are committed to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely and integrative manner that respects their dignity and independence. This multi-year accessibility plan focuses on our initiatives in respect of the AODA’s Accessibility Standards including:
- Customer Service
- Information and Communications
- Policies and Training
- Design of Public Spaces
This plan applies to Sierra Supply Chain Services as required by the AODA. Sierra Supply Chain Services’ Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and updated by Sierra at least once every five (5) years, and as required. If you have any questions or concerns about this plan or its initiatives, or if you want to receive a copy of the plan in a different accessible format, please contact Sierra TTC Department.
In accordance with the AODA’s Employment Standards, by January 1, 2024, Sierra Supply Chain Services will:
Ensure inclusive employment processes for recruitment, retention and development within the firm, including:
- Notification of the firm’s commitment to accessibility and availability of accommodation
- Provision of accessible formats and communication supports that take into account an employee’s accessibility needs
- Taking employees’ disabilities and accommodation needs into account in respect of performance management and career development
- Ensuring processes are in place to support employee / workplace accommodation requests following absences from work and during an employee’s employment
Policies and Training
Sierra Supply Chain Services has and will continue to implement policies and practices and training initiatives in accordance with the AODA by taking the following steps:
- Implementing a policy outlining our commitment to accessibility for clients (implemented 1 August 2020)
- Training for our people on accessibility in the provision of services to our clients (implemented 1 August 2020)
- Implementing a statement of our organization’s commitment to meet the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and in compliance with the AODA’s Integrated Accessibility Standards (implemented as of 1 August 2020)
- Training for our people on accessibility standards and human rights legislation, as it pertains to people with disabilities (implemented as of 1 August 2020)
Training will be provided in a way that best suits the nature of our people’s work.
A Workplace Emergency Response Plan will be provided to employees who have indicated to the firm that they have a disability and require assistance in the event of an emergency.
This plan will be reviewed at least once every five years.
Design of Public Space
Sierra Supply Services will also put in place procedures to prevent service disruption to accessible elements of its public spaces as required under the Design of Public Spaces Standard. In the event of a service disruption affecting these accessible elements, Sierra Supply Chain Services will notify the public of such service disruption and any available alternatives.
Information and Communication Standards
Ensure Sierra Supply Chain Services notifies the public and provides, on request, accessible formats and supports for people with disabilities in a timely manner and at no additional cost to others by
Sierra Supply Chain Services receiving feedback from our people, clients and the public is an important part of our commitment to accessibility.
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact us:
By email: [email protected]
By mail: Cheryl Torres
5090 Explorer Dr #203,
Mississauga, ON L4W 4T9